Thursday, February 26, 2009

brunch-eon!!

[your blog is here kirstie no need to panic :P]

We had this really cute brunch today with my mum’s high school friends and their daughters it was interesting to see my mother with her friends especially after finding old black and white photos of her and her friends in high school….its odd imagining your mothering being silly imbition-less just laughing with friends like I used to do…
photos of my mother:





[in the right-hand side corner is my mum in black and white]

The brunch was great though it was an all ladies brunch and the food was ultra yum…
I made blueberry muffins and peanut butter kisses but due to time contraints, I can't really claim the fame for either of them I had a little help from Betty crocker….
I am totally in love with this variation on the peanut butter cookie recipe… I'm pretty sure you can use any standard plain peanut butter cookie recipe…all you do is is roll the batter into an 1inch ball roll in sugar and put bake them till they're pretty much done (still a little soft inside) and immediately push a Hershey kiss on top on the cookie…then move it to a wire rack to cool…..they're pretty much best to eat immediately as although the kiss holds it shape its completely melted from the inside so the second you put it in your mouth it the chocolate collapses in a medley of peanut butter cookie covered in melted chocolate… tres awesomeness...

oh also my baby got back from the fix-ers he's all better now...i promise not to drop u again
:(.....


Photo of the day
Day 58

No comments:

Post a Comment