Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I see a red door and I want to paint it black...

I made red velvet cupcakes the other day and I was extremly happy with the end result...I was in the search for a really good red velvet recipe and the one that I used resulted with a cake that was super yummy, not to sweet, really light and soft and through experiementation I ended up creating a frosting that I was even more happy with; just the right amount of sweetness mixed the correct dose of cream cheesyness :D
I was extremly surprised on how very red the batter was though...i mean yeah im aware of the word 'red' in red velvet but i wasnt anticipating this level of redness..the colour and consistancy of the batter made it feel exactly like red paint...i felt like a child making make pretend cupcakes by pouring paint into the cupcake pan...ok i have never acctually ever poured paint into a cupcake tin...but the point is it felt a lil odd and surreal....




Photo of the Day:
Day 118



No comments:

Post a Comment