Monday, April 20, 2009

Places In Dubai- Sugar Daddy



Sugar Daddy is a really cute little cupcake shop in the Village on the beach road. Its a small shop offering a variety of homemade style cupcakes in a selection of really yummy flavours, Like most cupcake shops theyve decided to stick to the basic chocolate or vanilla base and then have a range of different flavoured toppings like kitkat, oreo and mint; in saying that they do have a few cupcakes that arent traditional chocolate or vanilla such as Red Velvet (a cupcake shop must) and carrot cake ( which i havent tried yet but looks nice).


Their Red velvet and chocolate base with mint frosting are my personal favourites... They also offer other treats like brownies and cookies and birthday cakes, which look like enormous cupcakes...but their star items really are their cupcakes...It was also a good opportunity to scope out my competition as well for future for when I open my own cupcakery... The cupcakes them self are nice, theyre a good size the cake is soft and not dry...i would have liked them to be a little more moist but over all as far as cupcakes go they tasted quite nice...this could be by absolute coincedence so I dont want to be starting any rumours here but the cake did taste suspiciously similair to the betty crocker cake mixes....but as i said this could just happen to be by complete coincidence....In my opinion the prices could have been set a little lower as well...

oh n the chef guy is not bad looking either.....

Apparantly there is another cupcake place in Dubai called Kitsch cupcakes but from what I've heard its not as good as Sugar Daddy..but I do intend on scoping that place out sometime in the near future...


Service: 8/10
Food: 7/10
Atmosphere: 6/10
Price: 4/10

In the spirit of cupcakes I thought id make the photo of the day cupcake related I made some Vanilla cupcakes with chocolate ganache glaze and vanilla butter cream frosting they actually turned out nice and they were sim
ple and were a big hit with my brothers friends who came to visit from Bahrain...

Photo of the day
Day 116:



No comments:

Post a Comment