Monday, April 6, 2009

Places In Dubai- Shakespeare

Since I've been here ive been going around dubai and every once in a while i come accross a place where i say to myself " *insert name of person here* would absolutly love this place" so i take photos of the place and keep it aside....i think ive collected enough places now to start blogging about places in dubai id take my friends/family for when they do visit...


Im starting off with one of my favourite cafes its called Shakespeare there are two in Dubai that I frequently visit but i know there are heaps more all over dubai the website informs me there are 6 branches in Dubai...

One of the two i go to is a 15 mins walk from my place and one which is located at the village on beach road
They both essentially have the same style but i beleive the atmospheres are slightly different
the place is a lil quirky yet retains a sense of sophistication and charm....the style is a little hard to describe i suppose its a blend of tradional, with a predominant old english feel, a hint of an old tuscan atmosphere meets a blend of granny and shabby chic...which appeals to my senses...i do admit i enjoy going there more for coffee and a pastry as opposed to a full meal... they really do have delicious pastries...In my opinion people go to the place for the atmosphere and charm as opposed to the food which isnt bad at all though....it does however depend on what you order pastas and pastries are great...not so hot on the sandwiches. All 6 of the branches also serve shisha which I personally have not tried at sheakespeare yet but i know its my brother's place of choice to do shisha.

Food: 7/8
Atmoshphere: 9
Service: 6

Photo of the Day (Shakespeare cafe at the Village, Dubai)
Day 96:


3 comments:

  1. aw your so cute. awesome location close. very handy. i agree it's the atmosphere that wins you over. what's shisha? it does look very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cafe really is gorgeous this is definitly one of those places I think of you every time I go...they have homemade chocolate, breads, cakes and even marshmellows...
    x

    ReplyDelete